Read alsoHistoria Pequeñas para Gente Grande
“Historias Pequeñas para Gente Grande” son un conjunto de breves narraciones donde se abordan temas como amores separados por diferencias de edad o de la brecha existente entre distintos mundos sociales, los deseos truncados ya sea por la pacatería familiar o por los avatares del destino. Martha Rosenthal, en cada una de las…
Practical Theology for Aging reveals several barriers to the spiritual wellness of our elders. These include society’s stereotypical views of frailty and incompetence in older people, the lack of common support by communities of faith, and the dissatisfaction of the elderly with outdated, traditional answers to their concerns of aging, suffering, and death. Each barrier can be overcome by utilizing the practical theology you will find in this book. Restated throughout the volume is the message that the journey into old age does not have to be filled with dread and fear but can be seen as a path to spiritual maturity.
This book has practical suggestions that address:
- God’s purpose for aging-why do we have to grow old?
- sexual health for senior citizens
- the suffering and physical debilitation that sometimes accompany aging
- afflictions like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, and how to minister to the unresponsive
- the inclusion of spirituality in rehabilitation to heal the whole person after catastrophic illness or injury
- preaching to senior citizens as opposed to preaching to a younger congregation
- so much more!