Getting a job is like parking. You have to be in the right place at the right time. In How to Interview Like a Pro, author Mary Greenwood provides strategies and practical tips about how to prepare for job hunting, how to interview, and how to seal the deal.
A short story about a woman, Katie, living as a battered woman; afraid to leave her husband despite being heavily pregnant. What will it take for her to finally leave this train wreck of a relationship? Is she destined to live life this way for ever?
Greenwood, a longtime human resources director, provides insight into how get ready for an interview, how to answer those difficult questions, and how to negotiate salary. Her guide can also help you understand the laws of interviewing and the questions an employer cannot legally ask. How to Interview Like a Pro offers forty-three essential rules to give you the edge. Learn how to
• recognize that looking for a job is a full-time job;
• create a great cover letter for your resume;
• prepare and deliver a quality elevator speech that is essential for success;
• be nosy about the interview process—it can work in your favor;
• wear the right outfit, use the right handshake, and project the right demeanor; and
• ask good questions at the interview.
A blend of reference materials, case studies, state and federal resources, and checklists, How to Interview Like a Pro can give you the edge to get the job you want.