As an instructor, you have seen business continuity and risk management grow exponentially, offering an exciting array of career possibilities to your students. They need the tools needed to begin their careers – and to be ready for industry changes and new career paths. You cannot afford to use limited and inflexible teaching materials that might close doors or limit their options. Written with your classroom in mind, Business Continuity and Risk Management: Essentials of Organizational Resilience is the flexible, modular textbook you have been seeking – combining business continuity and risk management. Full educator-designed teaching materials available for download.
From years of experience teaching and consulting in Business Continuity and Risk, Kurt J. Engemann and Douglas M. Henderson explain everything clearly without extra words or extraneous philosophy. Your students will grasp and apply the main ideas quickly. They will feel that the authors wrote this textbook with them specifically in mind – as if their questions are answered even before they ask them.
Covering both Business Continuity and Risk Management and how these two bodies of knowledge and practice interface, Business Continuity and Risk Management: Essentials of Organizational Resilience is a state-of-the-art textbook designed to be easy for the student to understand – and for you, as instructor, to present.
- Flexible, modular design allows you to customize a study plan with chapters covering:
- Business Continuity and Risk principles and practices.
- Information Technology and Information Security.
- Emergency Response and Crisis Management.
- Risk Modeling – in-depth instructions for students needing the statistical underpinnings in Risk Management.
- Global standards and best practices.
- Two real-world case studies are integrated throughout the text to give future managers experience in applying chapter principles to a service company and a manufacturer.
- Chapter objectives, discussion topics, review questions, numerous charts and graphs.
- Glossary and Index.
- Full bibliography at the end of each chapter.
Extensive, downloadable classroom-tested Instructor Resources are available for college courses and professional development training, including slides, syllabi, test bank, discussion questions, and case studies.
Endorsed by The Business Continuity Institute (BCI) and The Institute of Risk Management (IRM).
"It's difficult to write a book that serves both academia and practitioners, but this text provides a firm foundation for novices and a valuable reference for experienced professionals." – Security Management Magazine
“The authors…bring the subject to life with rich teaching and learning features, making it an essential read for students and practitioners alike.” – Phil Kelly, DBA, FHEA, FIRM, Senior Lecturer, Liverpool (UK) Business School and Lead Examiner, Risk Decisions, The Institute of Risk Management (IRM).