The Innie and Outie Guide to a Great Relationship
We use the words everyday, but what does it really mean to be an introvert or an extrovert? And what does it mean to be an introvert in a romantic relationship with an extrovert? Can it work? Surprisingly, psychologists tell us that despite their obvious differences, introverts and extroverts can enjoy a strong, stable-and fun-relationship. The key to introvert/extrovert bliss lies in understanding what makes the other person tick and using your differences to help balance and enrich the relationship.
This book offers advice for making it happen:
- Learn how innies and outies process information and communicate differently
- Discover ways to create a fulfilling social life for yourself and your partner
- Find creative ways to blend decision-making and future-planning styles
- Get past the dangerous question, why can't you be more like me?
- Turn up the heat in the introvert/extrovert bedroom
The book is based on current scientific research and innie/outie interviews. It is also based upon the authors' personal experiences as a mixed couple—introvert Marti Olsen Laney and extrovert Michael Laney have been happily married for more than forty-two years. They must be doing something right!