Read alsoFairy Tale Knits
From the author of the sensational Knit Your Own Royal Wedding, Knitivity, and Noah's Knits, Fairy Tale Knits lets you bring to life your favorite fairy tale characters as you read along with the stories and look at the gorgeous illustrations and the photographs of each doll. Included are instructions for making 20…
Family Therapy Around the World recognizes the profound influence of Dr. Kaslow, who was instrumental in the adoption of the Journal of Family Psychotherapy as the official journal of the International Family Therapy Association (IFTA). The spirit of her work flows through the book’s essays, which represent the latest thinking and practice developments from clinicians, theoreticians, and researchers around the world. The book paints a clear portrait of the current state of family therapy across the globe, including contributions from Japan; the United Kingdom; Israel; India; Argentina; Russia; Sweden; Iceland; Yugoslavia; Italy; Australia; Norway; Chile; and the United States.
Topics examined in Family Therapy Around the World include:
- salutogenic family therapy (Sweden)
- working with abusing families (United Kingdom)
- family life in an atmosphere of chronic stress and social transformation (Yugoslavia)
- adult children dealing with parental divorce (Italy)
- exploring culture in practice (United Kingdom and India)
- fathers who make a difference (Argentina)
- sex avoidance among young couples (Israel)
- working toward triadic communication with problematic families (Japan)
- and much more!