Manual also includes easy-to-use forms that patients may complete even before the initial consultation and post-treatment survivorship care plans for primary care providers.
Whether used independently or in conjunction with Dr. FleishmanÌs patient-focused companion book Learn to Live Through Cancer, the Manual of Cancer Treatment Recovery enables the oncology care team to anticipate patient and family needs even before they arise.
The Manual will help you to:
- Organize recovery plans during treatment to improve quality of life
- Develop an innovative system to minimize loss of vital energy, lean body mass, and distress before they happen
- Develop a survivorship program for your practice
- Coordinate oncology care with specialists and primary care providers
- Integrate end-of-life issues into the care trajectory
- Improve patient care during and after treatment
- Nurture your patientsÌ recovery preventively and systematically