Read alsoThe Wonder Years
From America’s most trusted pediatric authority comes an indispensable, easy-to-use guide to helping your baby and young child flourish in the first five years of life—physically, mentally, and emotionally.The first five years of a child’s life are filled with major developmental and behavioral milestones. During this period your infant…
What’s the best way to make this a positive experience for both of us?
Helping your child through the toilet-training process may be one of your greatest challenges as a new parent. And when it comes to this important developmental stage, every child is unique. Some are “ready” earlier than others, and not all children respond to the same approach. If you’ve been confused by conflicting advice from friends, relatives – even other books – here is expert advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the organization representing the nation’s finest pediatricians.
This invaluable resource covers everything you need to know about the toilet-training process to make this important transition as easy and as positive as possible for both you and your child.
This comprehensive guide answers parents’ most frequently asked questions and concerns, including:
• When to toilet train: finding the age that’s right for your child
• How to choose and install a potty
• Positive ways to handle the inevitable “accidents”
• What to do when your child resists
• Practical advice for common problems such as constipation
• Toilet training children with special needs
• Special tips for boys, girls, even twins
• Coping with bedwetting and soiling
• And much more
The American Academy of Pediatrics Guide to Toilet Training is a must-have resource for parents who want the best advice for themselves and the best experience for their children.
From the Trade Paperback edition.