Short Story Press Presents Another 28 Days by Matthew Kilpatrick
Read alsoFix, Reset, and Reload
Short Story Press Presents Fix, Reset, and Reload by Blaise MarcouxCrusher Bruskiewicz doesn't believe he can be stopped. The fifteen-year old takes every challenge thrown his way, bolstering his fearsome reputation and encouraging his bullying ways. Some of his adventures are hazy in his mind, though, and hard to remember specifically.What…
“Another 28 Days” is the story of one desperate, damaged man’s constant struggle to manage and control two sides of his nature, both of which are destructive but which also seem to be in direct conflict, making keeping them in check a challenge. Readers of this dark and personal story will discover:
• One man’s life story, a dark and twisted one though it may be.
• A deeply traumatized man doing his best to adjust and live a normal, balanced life.
• A slowly building mystery to reveal the truth of Bill’s condition.
• The discovery that no matter how bad one’s problems might be, the best thing to do is work through and overcome them.
• A supernatural horror tale interspersed with streaks of gritty reality.
“Another 28 Days” is a story that many will identify with as so many people do struggle daily with various conditions, both mental and physical, as well as with their own personal demons. There is a person that Bill, and so many of us, would like to be, but it’s not easy to be that person. It’s daily struggle and, though Bill’s struggle is darker than that of any real person, it’s one that we can all understand.