Active Control of Aircraft Cabin Noise provides a bridge to fill the gap between robust control theory and practical applications of active noise control systems in aircraft cabin. Both the possibilities and limitations of structural solutions to enhance aircraft cabin comfort by reducing interior noise are discussed supported by a wide range of topics in engineering, from finite element modeling to multichannel adaptive feed-forward control, usually dealt separately in the literature. In addition, experimental noise attenuation results with passengers' subjective perceptions predicting the effects of cabin noise on comfort assessments is examined. Theoretical and experimental research is detailed enough to capture the interest of the non-expert in engineering who wishes to have an overview of some of the active noise control applications in aircraft. This book may be used as an advanced textbook by graduate and undergraduate students in aeronautical engineering, and would be an authoritative resource book for research into the subject.
Read alsoElectronic Signal Conditioning
At technician level, brief references to signal conditioning crop up in a fragmented way in various textbooks, but there has been no single textbook, until now! More advanced texts do exist but they are more mathematical and presuppose a higher level of understanding of electronics and statistics.Electronic Signal Conditioning is…
- Aircraft Noise Control
- Fundamentals in Structural Acoustics
- Transmission of Sound through Multiple Partitions
- Adaptive Control of Sound Radiation
- Noise-Reducing Smart Windows
- Active Noise Control Experiments
Readership: Researchers, advanced undergraduate and graduate students in aeronautical engineering.
- Introduces theories to design piezoelectric-based smart systems for active control of noise and vibration in passenger aircraft cabins
- Considers sound transmission of normally and obliquely incident plane waves through homogeneous and unbounded double and triple panel partitions by using analytical and numerical tools
- Focuses on comfort subjective response of passengers and predicts the associated benefits in comfort-related parameters perceived by passengers