THE BISON OF THE HIGH MEADOW is Book One of the series, FOOTSTEPS IN THE CANYON.This ten book series is mainly about a canyon located on the Oklahoma panhandle.The first four books cover the activities and life of the inhabitants of the pointed tipi houses.Most of these stories are from the viewpoint of thirteen year old Bluebird as she sketches on stretched hide with her charcoal.
Read alsoPriscilla, The Graceful Greased Pig
1. BISON OF THE HIGH MEADOW shows the interaction of the people to this native animal.Two other stories are included.
2. SEARCH FOR THE PROCUPINE is about two boys searching for the spiny animals to collect quills to decorate a sister’s wedding dress.Two other stories are included
3. THE STORY OF MANY BLANKETS was not the name she was given, but the girl was determined to earn it.Two other stories are included.
4. THE KINGDOM OF THE BLACK STALLION honors the fierce black horse as he protects his band.Two other stories are included.
The following six books leap forward 200 years to a modern guest ranch on the exact, same canyon.Illustrations are made by thirteen year old Caitlyn with pencil on her clipboard.Activities cover, among other things, a prairie fire, a flood, a buried treasure of long ago, a diary of a girl she would never meet, and the ditching of a hot air balloon.Each book contains two complete stories.
5.HIDDEN IN THE BLUFF and THE BIG SNOW
6.DIGGIN’ UP BONES and THE REALLY BAD BAG
7.THE MEMORY BOOK and THE WOLF AND THE WAPITI
8.THE TOSSED CONTAINER INCIDENT and STORIESFROM UNCLE RAYMOND
9.TWISTER and BULLRIDING AND SKYDIVING
10. ANGLERS AND TOAD STRANGLERS and SUMMER TRAIL