Providing accurate, at-a-glance information on managing the diseases of birds and exotic pets, Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Birds and Exotic Pets is the only comprehensive resource on the market covering birds, reptiles, small mammals, and other non-traditional pets. Concise summaries of hundreds of common medical problems help you consider differential diagnoses, recommend diagnostic tests, interpret results mindful of unique species differences, utilize important concepts of species-specific husbandry and nutrition, prescribe treatments, and provide follow-up care. With contributions from recognized avian and exotics experts and edited by Jörg Mayer and Thomas M. Donnelly, this clinical reference provides all the information you need in one book!
Read alsoBelarus - Culture Smart!
Culture Smart! provides essential information on attitudes, beliefs and behavior in different countries, ensuring that you arrive at your destination aware of basic manners, common courtesies, and sensitive issues. These concise guides tell you what to expect, how to behave, and how to establish a rapport with your hosts. This inside knowledge…
- Six-books-in-one format includes six separate sections: Diseases and Disorders, Procedures and Techniques, Differential Diagnosis, Laboratory Tests, Clinical Algorithms, and Zoonoses.
- In-depth, cutting-edge coverage includes all exotic species - birds, reptiles, pocket pets, amphibians, and fish - in one comprehensive resource.
- Concise summaries feature a definition of each problem, epidemiology, physical findings and clinical presentation, etiology, differential diagnosis, diagnostic workup (such as laboratory tests and imaging studies), treatment, prognosis and patient follow-up, zoonotic potential, and references.
- Diagnostic and treatment algorithms provide easy-to-follow, step-by-step guidance to clinical assessment and treatment planning.
- A companion website includes the complete text from the book, making the entire contents fully searchable, along with 250 full-color illustrations, client handouts, and the ability to print out any pages.