This book is a collection of articles on Physics with Trapped Charged Particles by speakers at the Les Houches Winter School. The articles cover all types of physics with charged particles, and are aimed at introducing the basic issues at hand, as well as the latest developments in the field. It is appropriate for PhD students and early career researchers, or interested parties new to the area.
Read alsoThis Heart Of Mine
Molly Somerville has grown up in the shadow of her beautiful and glamorous big sister. Phoebe is beautiful, blissfully married, and the owner of the most successful professional football team in America. Molly is a struggling children's writer who earned her reputation for trouble even before she gave away her fifteen million dollar inheritance.…
- Physics with Trapped Charged Particles (M Knoop, N Madsen and R C Thompson)
- Detection Techniques for Trapped Ions (M Knoop)
- Cooling Techniques for Trapped Ions (D M Segal and Ch Wunderlich)
- Accumulation, Storage and Manipulation of Large Numbers of Positrons in Traps I — The Basics (C M Surko)
- Accumulation, Storage and Manipulation of Large Numbers of Positrons in Traps II — Selected Topics (C M Surko, J R Danielson and T R Weber)
- Waves in Non-neutral Plasma (F Anderegg)
- Internal Transport in Non-neutral Plasma (F Anderegg)
- Antihydrogen Formation and Trapping (N Madsen)
- Quantum Information Processing with Trapped Ions (C F Roos)
- Optical Atomic Clocks in Ion Traps (H S Margolis)
- Novel Penning Traps (J Verdú)
- Trapped Electrons as Electrical (Quantum) Circuits (J Verdú)
Readership: University and college students undertaking mechanical, aerospace, electromechanical, engineering or applied mechanics programs.