In 1892, artistic photographer Ard G. Emery established a studio and gallery business in a bustling East Tawas community overlooking Lake Huron on the sunrise side of Iosco County, Michigan. For 12 years, Emery captured the culture and history of the area through his camera lens. His collodion glass negatives celebrated personal triumphs, honored the strength of the working man, and saluted the candidness of the young. Emery used the most modern techniques and finest materials, but he was fascinated by the ordinary. Emery often journeyed with his travelling studio to the countryside to photograph the everyday life of normal people. Zealous about his craft, Emery not only preserved days gone by, but he also preserved his own spirit—one that will be forever remembered in Iosco County.