Read alsoMastering MOOCs
How business professionals are using MOOCs to further their careers and help their companies and teams succeedSince first making headlines in 2011, hundreds of universities across the world have begun offering thousands of MOOCS, or massive open online courses, to millions of students around the world. While researchers…
Under Pressure: Increased Stress and Diminishing Engagement on the Job examines the issues facing employees and the employers for whom they work. Drawn from the best of Knowledge@Wharton's reporting, this volume in the Knowledge@Wharton Essentials series addresses:
- What is causing unprecedented levels of stress on the job
- Why employee loyalty is a casualty of the new workplace
- What perks companies offer and what employees want
- How the 40-hour work week is being redefined
- The challenge to turn off the switch and take a break from technology
- The art of motivating employees
- Why fostering a culture of companionate love’ in the workplace matters
This quick read features Knowledge@Wharton’s reporting on the research and thought leadership of Iwan Barankay, Sigal Barsade, Matthew Bidwell, Peter Cappelli, Adam Cobb, Stewart Friedman, Adam Grant, Wayne Guay, Carolyn Marvin, Olivia Mandy” O’Neill, JP Pawliw-Fry, Nancy Rothbard, Deborah Small, and Hendrie Weisinger, among others.
Under Pressure is a must-read for those who are experiencing stress on the job due to increased demands at work and at home, as well as employers who wish to understand those who report to them and who are looking for new ways to engage employees.
About Knowledge@Wharton Books
Insights and inspiration business leaders can use today-from The Wharton School’s online journal of business analysis
Knowledge@Wharton Books offer you the best of Knowledge@Wharton’s signature reporting, including in-depth coverage and analysis of important business trends, accessible explanations of the latest business research, and inspiring conversations with today’s thought leaders in a convenient, portable format.
Published exclusively as ebooks by Wharton Digital Press, this practical line of books includes three series:
- Knowledge@Wharton Originals: All-new, in-depth coverage of timely and important business matters and trends, featuring key takeaways that business leaders and professionals can leverage immediately
- Knowledge@Wharton Essentials: Collects the best of Knowledge@Wharton’s reporting on a single topic of significant business concern, laying out the challenges and offering solutions
- Knowledge@Wharton Conversations: Collects Knowledge@Wharton’s most popular in-depth interviews with today’s thought leaders on a single topic of broad interest, offering inspiration you can use to transform your thinking on a current challenge or opportunity
Each Knowledge@Wharton ebook offers you what you need to address a business challenge or opportunity head on-today.