When a new baby comes home, you suddenly start paying close attention to everything he touches and everything that touches him. From cleaning your floors and countertops to giving a bath or applying sunscreen to grooming your pets—now that a baby’s involved, everything raises the same simple question: How safe is it for my family?
Read alsoGoing It Alone
Gilbert Averell avoids some of the rigours of taxation by living for part of each year in France - but he is unhappy about the number of weeks he spends away from his native country. So when his look-alike friend, Georges, suggests that they swap passports for a short spell, Gilbert seizes the opportunity. However, a number of incidents, involving…
• MOMMY DETOX: How to reduce exposure to additives, preservatives, and chemicals in food and beauty products while pregnant—plus essential tips for safeguarding the nursery
• “CRIB” IMPROVEMENT: Here’s help in identifying toxins under the sink, in the garage, or on the patio—and how to mix your own DIY baby-safe cleaners
• PAMPERED BABIES: Advice on selecting the best diapers, soaps, shampoos, and laundry detergent for your little one
• PLAYING SAFE: How to avoid PVCs in toys, understand “choking hazard” warnings, and ensure that rattles, teething rings, and other gear are safe
• FAMILY FOOD FUN: Helpful hints for choosing, cooking, and storing the most nutritious snacks, meals, and treats
• FUR BABIES MATTER, TOO: Learn the baby-safe ways to groom, bathe, and play with your pets
• WORLD-PROOFING: How to fertilize your lawn without pesticides, keep bugs away naturally, protect baby skin from the sun, and prepare for dirty parks, playrooms, and changing stations.
These seven steps make it easy and affordable to create an environment that will allow your baby to develop and explore freely and safely—so that you can relax and enjoy every special moment!
From the Trade Paperback edition.