No more myths and platitudes. It’s time teachers get the career advice they deserve.
Read alsoVisible Learning for Teachers
In November 2008, John Hattie's ground-breaking book Visible Learning synthesised the results of more than fifteen years research involving millions of students and represented the biggest ever collection of evidence-based research into what actually works in schools to improve learning. Visible Learning for Teachers takes…
Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter: How to Create an Extraordinary Resume and Hook Your Dream Job details exactly what today’s teacher needs to construct an exceptional resume and manage a job search that attracts the attention of recruiters and principals.
Written by Tracy Brisson, Founder of The Opportunities Project and experienced teacher recruiter and career expert, Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter features step-by-step advice, detailed templates, interviews with teachers, funny stories from ten years of recruiting teachers, and confessions on what hiring professionals really think about when reviewing resumes and making decisions about who to bring onto their team.
Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter includes dozens of pages of insight specifically targeted toward teachers to so they can
- Avoid the mediocre resume trap
- Conquer the mysterious application submission and hiring process
- Demonstrate your excellence in every section of your resume
- Format your resume so it’s not thrown away when it’s opened
- Pass the cover letter test
- Master your online presence and have offers come to you
- Maintain a great attitude throughout a stressful job search