A Complete, Fully Updated Guide to COMMERCIAL AVIATION SAFETY
Presenting the latest procedures and standards from U.S. and international air traffic and regulatory agencies, this extensively revised resource covers the entire commercial aviation safety system – from human factors to accident investigation. The introduction of Safety Management Systems (SMS) principles by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) is discussed in detail.
Read alsoAnother Day of Life
'This is a very personal book, about being alone and lost'. In 1975 Kapuscinski's employers sent him to Angola to cover the civil war that had broken out after independence. For months he watched as Luanda and then the rest of the country collapsed into a civil war that was in the author's words 'sloppy, dogged and cruel'. In his account,…
Commercial Aviation Safety, Fifth Edition delivers authoritative information on today's security concerns on the ground and in the air, changes in systems and regulations, new maintenance and flight technologies, and recent accident statistics. This is the most comprehensive, current, and systematic reference on the principles and practices of commercial aviation safety and security.
- Regulatory information on ICAO, FAA, EPA, TSA, and OSHA
- NTSB and ICAO accident investigation processes
- Recording and reporting of safety data
- U.S. and international aviation accident statistics
- Accident causation models
- The Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS)
- Aircraft and air traffic control technologies and safety systems
- Airport safety, including runway incursions
- Aviation security, including the 9-11 Commission recommendations
- International and U.S. Airline Safety Management Systems
- Aviation Safety Management Systems