Waterbirth is an all-natural, gentle, pain-reducing, fulfilling, and empowering birthing method, in which mother and infant start their new life together in a relaxing and deeply familiar environment: warm water. But is it safe? How does water reduce the pain? And is it really more beneficial to your baby?
In this complete guide to waterbirth, a yoga instructor and mother of five "water babies" relates her own experiences in the tub while providing the important information that every parent needs to understand, prepare for, and undertake waterbirthing:
- The basics of natural birth
- How water immersion promotes the feeling of well-being while reducing pain
- How to locate birthing facilities, practitioners, and tubs
- Exercises designed to relax and strengthen the mother
- How to create the ideal birthing environment
- Practical advise for breast-feeding, baby massage, and more
In addition, Choosing Waterbirth contains a complete prenatal yoga program with exercises and breathing and relaxation techniques designed to prepare the mother for an easier labor and delivery. More than 80 photos, including some of the author giving birth in water, bring the experience vividly to life.
If you are interested in creating a loving, positive, empowering, and fulfilling birth experience, Choosing Waterbirth will provide you with all the information, practical guidance, and insight you'll ever need.