In evocative prose and with street-level reporting, Daniel Lak argues that India has become a global superpower because of its religion, caste, politics, and poverty, and not in spite of it. He looks presciently to the future, and concludes that the strength that democracy gives it means that India is much better positioned to sustain its newfound status than China, whose political system is sure to eventually hinder it.
Read alsoMake A Ton Of Money Selling Gift Baskets In Just 5 Steps - Or Your Money Back!
The title says it all.You can put this to test and if you're not satisfied for any reason whatsoever, you can ask for your money back.There is a bonus hidden inside the ebook. If not for anything, this report is worth buying for that bonus alone.With this kind of a guarantee and bonus, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. All you…
As an expert who has covered the region for the BBC for the last twelve years, Lak weaves together his substantive knowledge of Indian politics, economics, and culture with fascinating stories of everyday people.
India Express incisively explores the most urgent challenges facing India in the 21st century:
· The governance and development of the most religiously, culturally, and linguistically diverse population on the planet
· Crushing poverty – with 300 million on less $2 a day – despite the rise of the largest middle class the world has ever known
· Uncertain geopolitics including the parallel rise of China and civil wars in neighboring states and the increasingly unstable, nuclear-armed Pakistan
· Corruption at all levels of government while the business sector becomes ever more globalized and attuned to international standards
· Growing urbanization: three of the world's top fifteen cities in terms of population are already Indian and they are growing faster than most others
· Inequality between different Hindu castes, sexes, regions and newly minted haves and have-nots