Extensively updated for the release of Windows 8.1, this book covers all of the new features of the WinJS 2.0 library such as the Repeater, SearchBox, WebView, and NavBar controls and the new WinJS Scheduler. This book has been updated with a new sample app that demonstrates how to build a Windows Store app that interacts with Windows Azure Mobile Services.
If you’re a web developer, Windows 8 gives you millions of new potential customers to buy your apps—and you already have many of the skills you’ll need to reach them. Get this book, master the tools and techniques you don’t already know—and go after that huge new market!
Detailed information on how to…
- Get your app published in the Windows Store
- Thoroughly master using the WinJS ListView control to display, sort, and filter data
- Use new controls introduced with Windows 8.1 such as the Repeater, WebView, NavBar, and SearchBox controls
- Implement Windows Search and Share contracts
- Use HTML5 Canvas to build arcade games
- Store data on the local file system, via Windows Azure Mobile Services or in IndexedDB databases
- Use Live Services to authenticate users, retrieve user profiles, and interact with SkyDrive
- Create custom WinJS controls with Page Controls
- Build apps that gracefully adapt to different screen resolutions and orientations
- Take pictures from your computer’s webcam and play sounds 8.1 Apps