Psychology and Geriatrics demonstrates the value of integrating psychological knowledge and insight with medical training and geriatric care.Leading physician and geropsychologist contributors come together to share their collective wisdom about topics that are as emotionally uncomfortable as they are universally relevant.As the world struggles to respond to unprecedented gains in life expectancy and an explosion of new retirees living with chronic health conditions, this collaboration could not be more timely.This exceptional resource is, itself, evidence that physicians and psychologists can work together to optimize truly patient-centered geriatric care.Here at last is a scientifically rigorous, evidence-based response to the aging mind and body from those most expertly trained.
Read alsoThe Old Merchant Marine
The Old Merchant Marine Ralph Delahaye Paine, american journalist and author popular in the early 20th century (1871-1925)This ebook presents «The Old Merchant Marine», from Ralph Delahaye Paine. A dynamic table of contents enables to jump directly to the chapter selected.Table of Contents -01- About this book -02-…
- Illustrates why and how psychologists must assume a more integrated role in meeting the health care needs of older patients
- Confronts emotionally laden topics such as cognitively impaired driving, caregiver burden, end-of-life communication, suicide, and systemic issues such as bias, payment, and the culture of medicine
- Challenges decades-long barriers to integration, from both physician and psychologist perspectives, suggesting how they can finally be overcome
- Provides an innovative, practical response to academic medicine's growing emphasis on psychological and behavioral science
- Demonstrates how health care reform creates a behavioral health niche that clinical psychologists are uniquely qualified to fill