Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Italy is your passport to the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take in a gondolier's sweet song while gliding past Venetian palaces, sample olives and wines as you traverse Tuscany's storybook hills, or be humbled amid thousands of years of Roman history and art; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Italy now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Italy Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, cuisine, wine, customs
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 135 colour maps
- Useful features - including Eat & Drink Like a Local, Outdoor Experiences, and Month by Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Rome, Turin, Piedmont, the Italian Riviera, Milan, the Lakes, Dolomites, Venice, Emilia-Romagna, Florence, Tuscany, Umbria, Abruzzo, Naples, Campania, Puglia, Sicily, Sardinia and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Zoom-in maps and images for greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Bookmarks help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Touch embedded links to our recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Italy, our most comprehensive guide to Italy, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Italy? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Rome, Florence or Venice? Check out Lonely Planet's Rome guide, Florence & Tuscany guide, and Venice & the Veneto guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer; Lonely Planet's Discover Rome, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions; or Lonely Planet's Pocket Rome, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.