Based on the popular QuickieChick website, lifestyle expert Laurel House's new book QuickieChick's Cheat Sheet to Life, Love, Food, Fitness, Fashion, and Finance on a Less Than Fabulous Budget (St. Martin's Griffin/May 2012) offers quick tips for smart, sassy, independent chicks. This is the essential manual on life's lessons delivered in fun, snappy, and instantly-gratifying bites of information. Beyond a fab pair of stilettos, a big shot mentor and a go-to ab workout, QuickieChick reminds us that what every chick really needs are the 3Gs: Gumption, Grace, and Guidance.
Read alsoItalian Neorealism
Italian Neorealism: Rebuilding the Cinematic City is a valuable introduction to one of the most influential of film movements. Exploring the roots and causes of neorealism, particularly the effects of the Second World War, as well as its politics and style, Mark Shiel examines the portrayal of the city and the legacy left by…
QuickieChick is filled with professional advice from business entrepreneurs, exclusive tips straight from celebrities, insightful anecdotes from real women who have "been there and done that," end of chapter cheat sheets that simplify the steps to success in concise and actionable advice, and fun quizzes that help you find out who you really are. This is the perfect rescue handbook for post-grad girls about life and how to live it…fabulously on a budget.
QuickieChick features practical solutions that guide you through:
• How to ace the job interview
• How to gain financial independence, move out of your parents' place, and avoid roommate drama
• Quickie workouts for every location: in bed, at the office, on an airplane, in the kitchen, and more
• How to get a boost of confidence by wearing "power panties"
• 1-ingredient refrigerator facials: how to get fab skin by using ingredients found in your fridge
• Dating and dumping: when to leave, when to stay, where to meet guys, and how to keep them hooked
• Work party protocol: how to dress, what to say, and how to act
• How to throw a fab cocktail party on a budget…with no stress
• Finding a mentor