Before you check your wireless e-mail for the fourth time this hour, ask yourself, is this truly helping you get further ahead? Or is the pressure to address the immediate actually pushing you backwards?
Read alsoCommentary on Romans
For hundreds of years John Calvin's Commentaries have been admired and relied upon for their deep insights into Scripture.Charles Spurgeon told his students, "It would not be possible for me too earnestly to press upon you the importance of reading the expositions of that prince among men, John Calvin! Of all commentators I believe John…
Cool Down takes a look at our innate and powerful addiction to high-speed activity, and shows how it is robbing us of the ability to think creatively and to connect with others (clients, colleagues, managers, and even family) just when we need to the most.
Cool Down offers a provocative look at the value of slowing down in many aspects of our lives and demonstrates clearly that to get further ahead, faster, people do actually need to cool down. It's not about doing less; it's about achieving more by slowing down. Cool Down highlights the harmful effects of speed on productivity and reveals the value of slow in helping us to think clearly and prioritize more effectively.
Cool Down is a fascinating look at the world of work, revealing how and why slow is the next tool of strategic advantage.
- Shows why and how to consciously step away from reactionism, pressure, and overload.
- Reveals the numerous ways in which cooling down will improve your potential and abilities – intellectually, emotionally, and creatively – making you more productive by going slower.
- Contains practical advice that will help you apply cool techniques to real-world situations: at work, on the road, and at home.
- Explains how to improve communication with your boss, your colleagues, and your family.
- Features lots of examples, practical tips, to-dos, and concepts that are memorable and easy to apply. Each end-of-chapter summary includes "Key Points to Take Away" and assessment questions to help you honestly observe and change your current habits.
A complete approach to managing the pressures of life in a fast-paced world, Cool Down allows you to slow down so you can get ahead – and stay there.