Radiation therapy has developed and advanced dramatically in the last few decades. However, very little has been published or done in the area of biologically optimized treatment planning. Development of Biologically Optimized Radiation Therapy aims to fill and close an important gap in the literature with a well-focused and in-depth content.
Read alsoA Curtain Falls
The careers of New York City detective Simon Ziele and his former partner Captain Declan Mulvaney went in remarkably different directions after the tragic death of Ziele's fiancée in the 1904 General Slocum ferry disaster. Although both men were earmarked for much bigger things, Ziele moved to Dobson, a small town north of the city, to escape the…
The book covers the biological, physical and clinical background of advanced biologically based radiation therapy optimization with focus on modern radiation therapy modalities such as electron, photon and light ion therapy. Highly recommended for its strong interdisciplinary profile, the book contains a meritorious compilation of previously unpublished materials in many areas of modern science. Undergraduates, researchers and practitioners such as oncologists, medical physicists and radiation biologists alike should find the book immensely informative and comprehensively thorough.Contents:
- A Brief Introduction to the Development of Radiation Therapy Optimization (Anders Brahme)
- Fundamentals of Clinical Radiation Biology (Anders Brahme, Panayiotis Mavroidis, and Bengt K Lind)
- The Radiation Biological Basis of Radiation Therapy (Anders Brahme, Panayiotis Mavroidis, and Bengt K Lind)
- Development of High Quality Beams for Uniform and Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (Anders Brahme, Roger Svensson, and Bo Nilsson)
- Fundamentals of Physically and Biologically Based Radiation Therapy Optimization (Anders Brahme, Johan Löf, and Bengt K Lind)
- Properties and Clinical Potential of Biologically Based Treatment Plan Optimization (Anders Brahme, Kerash Moaierifar, Panayiotis Mavroidis, and Bengt K Lind)
- BIOART: Biologically Optimized 3D In Vivo Predictive Assay-Based Radiation Therapy (Anders Brahme)
- Physical, Biological, and Clinical Background for the Development of Biologically Optimized Light Ion Therapy (Anders Brahme and Hans Svensson)
Readership: Oncologists, medical physicists, radiation biologists, molecular oncologists, radiation therapists, radiation physicists, undergraduates and graduates studying or doing research on medical imaging.