Perfect for hand therapy specialists, hand therapy students, and any other professional who encounters clients with upper extremity issues, Fundamentals of Hand Therapy, 2nd Edition contains everything you need to make sound therapy decisions. Coverage includes hand anatomy, the evaluation process, and diagnosis-specific information. Expert tips, treatment guidelines, and case studies round out this comprehensive text designed to help you think critically about each client’s individual needs.
Read alsoFractional Order Differentiation and Robust Control Design
This book provides an overview of the research done and results obtained during the last ten years in the fields of fractional systems control, fractional PI and PID control, robust and CRONE control, and fractional path planning and path tracking. Coverage features theoretical results, applications and exercises. The book will be useful for…
"Overall, a very clear readable style is adopted throughout, with theory supported by various anecdotal case studies. Excellent use is made of illustrations, and many chapters contain the helpful addition of ‘clinical pearls’ or ‘tips from the field’, which are an attempt to make transparent the links between theory and practice. In conclusion, this is an excellent core text for reference purposes." Reviewed by: British Journal of Occupational Therapy Date: Aug 2014
- Clinical Pearls and Precautions highlight relevant information learned by the experienced author and contributors that you can apply to clinical practice.
- Case examples included in the diagnoses chapters in Part Three demonstrate the use of clinical reasoning and a humanistic approach in treating the client.
- Diagnosis-specific information in the final section of the book is well-organized to give you quick access to the information you need.
- Special features sections such as Questions to Discuss with the Physician, What to Say to Clients, Tips from the Field, and more help readers find their own clinical voices.
- Online sample exercises give you a pool to pull from during professional practice.
- NEW! Chapters on yoga and pilates provide guidance into new ways to treat upper extremity problems.
- NEW! Chapter on wound care gives you a thorough foundation on how wounds impact therapeutic outcomes.
- NEW! Chapter on orthotics has been added to cover basic splinting patterns.
- NEW! Online resources help assess your understanding and retention of the material.