Regenerative medicine is a fast developing field which has led to a paradigm shift in treatment of various diseases. Clinician-scientists worldwide constantly develop novel approaches in various medical specialties (surgery, internal medicine, oncology, neurology, gynecology, pediatrics, etc.) using gene therapy approaches, innovative biomaterials or stem cell based therapies.
Read alsoTo Share or Nut to Share
From the series that brought you the #1 video of 2005 in Christian retail, come a fun story about sharing.The garden literally goes "nuts" when a shortage of nuts causes panic, especially with the Garden Talent Show & Tell starting tomorrow. And wouldn't you know it – everyone's talent involves a nut. With only one nut left in the entire garden,…
It is difficult even for experts to find out what has already reached a clinical stage. The aim of the second volume in this series is to provide the reader with a current update on the latest therapeutic developments. As such, both patients and doctors will find the information contained within this manual to be useful and relevant. The editors are both international leaders in the field of regenerative medicine, and both possess a broad spectrum of experience from basic research to clinical application and commercialization.
Request Inspection Copy
- Induced Pluripotent Cells: Ethical Answer or a Source of Continuing Ethical Dilemmas? (Audrey R Chapman)
- Cell-Based Therapies:
- Fetal and Perinatal Stem Cells in Regenerative Medicine (Joan X Yang, Yaw-Chyn Lim, Jerry K Y Chan)
- Interventional Radiology and Treatment of Parkinson's Disease with Adult Autologous Stem Cells (Augusto Brazzini, Raul Cantella, Antonio de la Cruz, Mariana Brazzini,Tamara Jorquiera, Carlos León, Sebastián Arrieta)
- Autologous Fat Grafting and Adipose-Derived Stem Cell Therapy (Norbert Pallua, Bong-Sung Kim)
- Translational Regenerative Approaches for Bone Reconstruction (Leila Harhaus, Christoph Wölfl, Paul Alfred Grützner, Ulrich Kneser)
- Ischemic Stroke and Bone Marrow Transplantation (Francisco Moniche, Irene Escudero, Elena Zapata, Maria Usero-Ruiz, Alejandro González)
- Good Manufacturing Practice-Compliant Processing of Adipose Stromal Cell-based Products in Regenerative Medicine (Professor Dr Karen Bieback, Professor Dr. Harald Klüter)
- Tissue Engineering-Based Therapies:
- Skin Replacement (Norbert Pallua, Sebastian Dunda, Ahmet Bozkurt, Stefan Bohr)
- Cartilage Tissue Engineering (Mats Brittberg)
- Clinical Approaches to the Healing of Long Bone Defects (Martijn van Griensven, Peter Biberthaler, Elizabeth Rosado Balmayor)
- Bone Tissue Engineering Techniques in Oral Surgery (Karl–Heinz Schuckert)
- Respiratory System (David Fecher, Maria Steinke, Thorsten Walles)
Readership: Clinician-scientists, scientists and engineers in the field of regenerative medicine; clinicians and specialists; and patients or the general public who wish to know about specific treatment options.
- Protocol-like chapter style and up to date clinical information
- No such manual is available to date as the information can be only obtained from journal publications which have narrower scopes
- Network for clinicians to get updated about latest developments