Take a tour through the Big Smoke via road, rail and river, and discover…
Read alsoLady Gwendolen Investigates (Mills & Boon Historical)
Elegant yet feisty, well traveled yet innocent to the world, beautiful yet modest–prying into others' lives isn't for Lady Gwendolen Warrender. Until murder and mayhem come to Marsden Wood! And every good sleuth needs a partner. Who better than dashing master of the manor Jocelyn Northbridge? With his touch of arrogance, intelligent eyes and…
• What the official difference is between a ‘taxi’ and a ‘cab’.
• Why the iconic Routemaster was withdrawn from regular service in 2005.
• How much of the Underground is actually below ground.
• Why London’s first tramway was threatened with closure in the same year it opened.
• Which was the first ferry to operate passenger trips across the Thames.
Every year London opens its doors to a staggering 16 million people, all wanting to get to their destination of choice in the shortest time possible. Yet for many of us, the beauty and clockwork of the transport we use, be it taxi, Tube, bus, bike or boat, is a part of the London experience we tend to forget. From the iconic red buses to the abandoned Tube stations and the engineering achievements to the cultural highlights, this book celebrates everything you’ve ever wanted to know about getting around in London, and much, much more.