This reference is the first comprehensive how-to collection of Six Sigma tools, methodologies, and best practices. Leading implementer Lynne Hambleton covers the entire Six Sigma toolset, including more than 70 different tools–ranging from rigorous statistical and quantitative tools, to “softer” techniques. The toolset is organized in an easy-to-use, alphabetical encyclopedia and helps professionals quickly select the right tool, at the right time for every business challenge.
Hambleton systematically discusses which questions each tool is designed to answer; how the tool compares with similar tools; when to use it; how to use it step-by-step; how to analyze and apply the output; and which other tool to use with it. To further illustrate and clarify tool usage, she presents hundreds of figures, along with never-before-published hints, tips, and real-world, “out-of-the-box” examples.
· Real-world guidance to help practitioners raise the most important questions and determine the best resolution
· Statistical techniques, including ANOVA, multi-vari charts, Monte Carlo simulations, normal probability plots, and regression analysis
· Benchmarks, capability and cost/benefit analyses, Porter’s Five Forces, scorecards, stakeholder analysis, and brainstorming techniques
· CPM, CTQ, FMEA, HOQ, and GOSPA
· GANTT, PERT chart, and other Six Sigma project management tools
· 7QC: cause and effect diagrams, checklists, control charts, fishbone diagram, flowchart, histogram, Pareto chart, process maps, run chart, scatter diagram, and the stratification tool
· 7M: AND, affinity diagrams, interrelationship diagrams, matrix diagrams, prioritization matrices, PDPC, and tree diagrams
· Crystal Ball, Minitab, and Quality Companion 2 software to facilitate the use of statistical and analytical tools and more to help you become a more effective Six Sigma practitioner
· This book is also available in a highly-searchable eBook format at www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0136007376 and other online booksellers,.
From start to finish, this bookdelivers fast, thorough and reliable answers–knowledge you’ll rely on in every Six Sigma project, for years to come.