"This innovative book examines an important, timely topicÖThe content will greatly enhance practitioners' and students' understanding and skills in working with men of color."
- Elaine P. Congress, DSW, Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service
Read alsoBabysitter enculée par le père
Ce livre contient des scènes à caractère sexuel, pour 18 ANS ET + SEULEMENT.Épisode 3 sur 6 d’une serial (une serial est composée de plusieurs épisodes qui reprennent les mêmes personnages mais pouvant être lus individuellement).Découvrez les autres épisodes ici :Babysitter déflorée par son patron : DISPONIBLE sur ce site
"Family Violence and Men of Color is the best book in cross-cultural issues and domestic violence that I have ever read. It is a good combination of literature review, clinical interventions and cultural imagery."
-Daniel Sonkin, PhD, Marriage, Family and Child Counselor
Family violence is an international epidemic that knows no cultural boundaries, but for years research has overlooked the historical, political and cultural factors that often lead men toward violent behavior. The first edition of Family Violence and Men of Color broke new ground by closely examining the relationship between race and family violence.
This revised edition offers an even broader, cross-cultural analysis of male violence and more specialized treatment methods and approaches.
- Chapters analyzing violent behavioral patterns in each major community of color
- Three new chapters on the African-American and Maori ommunities, in addition to the Latino, Native
- American, Asian, and South American communities
- Culturally-based strategies and models that enhance the efficacy of existing intervention programs for men who batter
- Integrates clinical, experiential, and narrative approaches to family violence
This text calls for a critical evaluation and transformation of cultural practices that promote violence against women, and will be pivotal in the development of more effective prevention and intervention programs in the years to come.