An All-Inclusive Guide to Efficient, Cost-Effective Management of Groundwater Resources
Read alsoElizabeth's Diaries
It is March 1887, the first part of the story begins with newly weds Elizabeth and Gordon Tregowarth’s start to married life on a high country sheep station in Central Otago NZ. Elizabeth keeps diaries of her experiences describing the trials, triumphs and tribulations they endure. After 5 years the diary excerpts suddenly stop at a point where…
Groundwater Sustainability is a reliable, one-stop guide containing all the information you'll need to succeed in your groundwater management and development projects. It covers virtually every aspect of the subject, from how to characterize groundwater and evaluate its resources to determining the interactions between surface water and groundwater.
Packed with hundreds of illustrations, this expansive guide reviews both established and innovative aquifer restoration techniques and technologies, including the control and remediation of contaminant sources and groundwater contaminant plumes. You'll also find valuable information regarding resource augmentation, the engineering necessary for resource development, and building comprehensive databases for efficient, cost-effective assessment.
Written in an inviting-to-read style by a recognized expert in the field, Groundwater Sustainability provides the last word on the all-important subject of how to maintain and manage the most precious natural resource.
- In-depth coverage of groundwater availability and sustainability
- Treatment options for groundwater contaminants
- Tools and techniques for effectively managing aquifers
- Proven tactics for protecting and restoring groundwater resources
- Case studies, figures, graphs, and photographs
- Tips on building assessment models using a GIS platform
This all-in-one guide covers:
- Global Freshwater Resources
- Aquifer Evaluation
- Groundwater Resource Development
- Groundwater Recharge
- Climate Change and Its Impact on Groundwater
- Groundwater Chemistry
- Drinking Water Treatment Options
- Managing & Restoring Groundwater Resources