“Throughout her seven secrets, Rolfe models how parenting can be the most fulfilling work of our lives.”
—Linda Aronson, author of Big Spirits, Little Bodies
One of the fastest-growing suburbs of Syracuse, Cicero lies on the shores of Oneida Lake, the largest lake entirely enclosed within New York. The Cicero area was home to the Iroquois and Owasco Indian tribes. The trails they created through Cicero were transformed into the first plank road laid in the United States. Known as the crossroads of New…
Every parent has the innate power to be successful. But life can get in the way. It is hard to be at your best when you are tired, angry, rushed, surprised, preoccupied, or just too busy. But then you may have to deal with regret, frustration, or guilt, or a hurt or angry child.
In The Seven Secrets of Successful Parents, author and family therapist Randy Colton Rolfe shares the core attitudes which will prepare and empower you to be successful in any parenting situation. With her powerful approach of prepared, holistic, responsive parenting, you can master all these parenting goals and more:
- • Setting appropriate limits that stick
- • Promoting safe relationships
- • Inspiring learning
- • Nurturing your child’s spirit
- • Rebuilding after negative feelings
- • Fostering good judgment
- • Venting parental frustration harmlessly
- • Resisting unhelpful criticism from outsiders
- • Encouraging your child to speak up with respect
- • Enjoying your child totally, without reservation
In The Seven Secrets of Successful Parents you will discover new options, helpful case histories, amusing anecdotes, valuable research, dialogues, and meditations to help you raise happy, healthy, productive children. Watch your parenting success grow!