The key subjects of the book are policy imperatives, market dynamics and regional developments concerning oil and gas, as well as energy as a whole in China. In addition to national policies and issues, the objective of this book is to study China's regional oil and gas demand, supply and trade, energy balances, and economic development, with projections up till 2030. Particular emphasis will be given to challenges facing the Chinese government in ensuring future oil supplies, pipeline and liquefied natural gas (LNG) imports, energy security, downstream oil refining sector developments, the use of natural gas for power generation, and oil and gas related environmental issues. The impact of China's oil and gas sector developments, market dynamics, rising imports, and overseas investment on the Asia-Pacific region and the world at large are examined.
Read alsoCalculus of Variations
This concise text offers an introduction to the fundamentals and standard methods of the calculus of variations. In addition to surveys of problems with fixed and movable boundaries, its subjects include practical direct methods for solution of variational problems. Each chapter features numerous illustrative problems, with solutions. 1961 edition.
Energy Economy in China also reviews current and future oil refining projects, gas pipelines, LNG import terminals, and emerging new markets in China over the next fifteen years.Contents:
- Energy and the Economy
- Changing Structures of the Petroleum Industry and Energy Policies
- Upstream Oil and Gas Sector Developments
- China's Downstream Refining Industry: Current Situation and Future Prospects
- Oil Market Dynamics and Outlook for Demand, Supply, and Trade
- Natural Gas Use, Pricing, and Future Growth
- Outlook for China's Liquefied Natural Gas and Pipeline Gas Imports
- Energy Security in China: Regional and Global Implications
- Regional Developments and Future Growth
Readership: Professionals, academics, graduate and undergraduate students and general readers interested in Chinese's energy economy.