Reviewing the topic from antiquity to the present day, this book examines the debate over the use of animals in research in a fair and balanced way.
Read alsoLos Quemados, Book I: The Shadow of Don Quixote
With its decades-old civil war, drug cartels, and criminal gangs, the Latin American country of San DiMarco is the most dangerous, lawless country in the western hemisphere. Felix Dominguez, the Comisionado de la Agencia Nacional de Investigación and the older brother of the first democratically-elected president in years, has to unravel a string…
• Presents an introduction to the history of scientific research utilizing animals and a thorough review of current issues relating to animal experimentation
• Provides perspectives in which stakeholders in the field outline and explain their personal views on animal testing
• Supplies an extensive annotated bibliography of books, articles, reports, and online resources
• Includes profiles of important individuals and organizations
• Provides an outstanding resource for secondary school students, undergraduates, or general readers with an interest in medical and biological research or animal welfare