For the student and general reader, a tour of the digital universe that offers critical observations and new perspectives on human communication and intelligence.
- Traces the development and diffusion of digital information and communication technologies, providing an analysis of trans-cultural effects among developed and developing nations
- Provides a balanced analysis of the pros and cons of the adoption and diffusion of digital technologies
- Explores privacy, censorship, the digital divide, online games, and virtual and augmented realities
- Follows a thematic structure, allowing readers to access the text at any point, based on their interests
- Accompanying resources provide a wealth of related online content
- Selected by Choice as a 2013 Outstanding Academic Title