Read alsoEvidence from Scripture and History of the Second Coming of Christ
IN presenting these Lectures to the public, the writer is only complying with the solicitations of some of his friends, who have requested that his views on the Prophecies of Daniel and John might be made public. The reader is therefore requested to give the subject a careful and candid perusal, and compare every part with the standard of Divine…
This book explores team-based strategies for joint-use libraries and shows how various libraries have addressed questions such as, Which library's online catalog will be used? How will costs for maintenance and utilities be shared? and Will there be one integrated staff, or separate staffs inhabiting the same building? The libraries described range from a very small library shared by Front Range Community College and the City of Fort Collins, Colorado, to a mammoth new joint library now being built in San Jose, California.
In Joint-Use Libraries, you'll encounter fascinating case studies of successful joint use that examine:
- school libraries that double as public library facilities
- a county-wide public library system in South Florida that has created partnerships with university, community college, public, and private school libraries
- a joint library located on a Florida community college campus but also serving a major university
- another joint library on a Washington state campus that is shared by both a university and a community college-with the university acting as primary provider of library services by contract with the community college
- a three-way library in which a community college, a university, and a public library provide their own staffing, collections, and other resources to offer services in a small community where none of them alone could afford a first-rate facility
- a complex situation in which St. Petersburg College and the City of Seminole, Florida are building a joint-use facility which will serve not only the city and the college, but will also serve the students of 14 other institutions of higher education
- a joint-use library where one institution is clearly the senior partner, but a largely new, integrated staff has been hired to minimize resistance to the new joint mission and to serve all users equally
- and more!