Essential Programming Skills – Made Easy!
Read alsoHome for the Holidays
Rising country-rock star Cheryl Stanton’s forced return to her tiny Indiana hometown—at Thanksgiving time, no less—has her singing the blues. After her band’s hectic tour pace pushes both body and voice to the brink, much-needed rest trumps her vow never to return. Where better to escape the demands of fame than the place that knew her before she…
Learn programming fundamentals quickly with help from this hands-on tutorial. No previous experience required! Programming: A Beginner's Guide gets you started right away writing a simple but useful program in Visual Basic Express Edition, and then moves on to more advanced projects, including a quiz program and a protected personal diary. You'll develop real-world programming skills, like designing user interfaces and working with variables, arrays, loops, and procedures. By the end of this clear and entertaining book, you'll be able to create, debug, and customize your own practical Windows-based programs with ease.
Designed for Easy Learning
- Key Skills & Concepts – Chapter-opening lists of specific skills covered in the chapter
- Ask the Expert – Q & A sections filled with bonus information and helpful tips
- Try This – Hands-on exercises that show you how to apply your skills
- Notes – Extra information related to the topic being covered
- Tips – Helpful reminders or alternate ways of doing things
- Annotated programming – Example code with commentary that describes the programming techniques being illustrated