Extend the capabilities of AngularJS and build dynamic web applications by creating customized directives with this selection of more than 30 recipes
Read alsoOs Mártires do Coliseu
Conheça a amarga história do Coliseu romano, lugar onde cristãos eram trucidados por sua fé em Cristo. Um livro clássico, escrito no final do século XIX, contém registros históricos da Roma Antiga, além de relatos emocionantes como: o heroísmo dos mártires, a crueldade de Roma, os sofrimentos, as mortes e os incríveis milagres realizados em nome…
About This Book
- Learn how to extend HTML templates in new ways to build even better web applications with exceptional interface components
- Build reusable directives for large-scale AngularJS applications
- Create even sophisticated and impressive modern web apps with ease
Who This Book Is For
This book is for developers with AngularJS experience who want to extend their knowledge to create or customize directives in any type of AngularJS application. Some experience of modern tools such as Yeoman and Bower would be helpful, but is not a requirement.
What You Will Learn
- Build and customize external HTML templates, and create simple, effective directives for common interface components
- Learn how to use Controller function and any Bootstrap UI directives to manipulate the DOM and how to transform any UI library into AngularJS directives
- Construct an AngularJS application to use shared components and validate your HTML5
- Discover how to use jQuery events and manipulate the DOM using jQuery UI inside AngularJS applications
- Create custom directives for ongoing projects using Yeoman generators, and find out how to implement standalone directives
- Build reusable directives for Large AngularJS applications and extend directives to use dynamic templates
- Write unit test for directives using the Karma runner and Jasmine's behavior-driven development framework
AngularJS directives are at the center of what makes it such an exciting – and important - web development framework. With directives, you can take greater control over HTML elements on your web pages – they 'direct' Angular's HTML compiler to behave in the way you want it to. It makes building modern web applications a much more expressive experience, and allows you to focus more closely on improving the way that user interaction impacts the DOM and the way your app manages data. If you're already using Angular, you probably recognize the power of directives to transform the way you understand and build your projects – but customizing and creating your own directives to harness AngularJS to its full potential can be more challenging. This cookbook shows you how to do just that – it's a valuable resource that demonstrates how to use directives at every stage in the workflow.
Packed with an extensive range of solutions and tips that AngularJS developers shouldn't do without, you'll find out how to make the most of directives. You'll find recipes demonstrating how to build a number of different user interface components with directives, so you can take complete control over how users interact with your application. You'll also learn how directives can simplify the way you work by creating reusable directives – by customizing them with Yeoman you can be confident that you're application has the robust architecture that forms the bedrock of the best user experiences. You'll also find recipes that will help you learn how to unit test directives, so you can be confident in the reliability and performance of your application.
Whether you're looking for guidance to dive deeper into AngularJS directives, or you want a reliable resource, relevant to today's web development challenges, AngularJS Directives Cookbook delivers everything you need in an easily accessible way.
Style and approach
This book easy-to-follow guide is packed with hands-on recipes to help you build modular AngularJS applications with custom directives. It presents tips on using the best tools and various ways to use these tools for front-end development.