Read alsoEnlightening: Letters 1946 - 1960
'People are my landscape', Isaiah Berlin liked to say, and nowhere is the truth of this observation more evident than in his letters. He is a fascinated watcher of human beings in all their variety, and revels in describing them to his many correspondents. His letters combine ironic social comedy and a passionate concern for individual freedom.…
Such an ambitious objective increased the size of the book to the extent that it was necessary to create a separate but complimentary book, Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics, which is devoted to applications in the domain of lightwave technology.
This revised edition of Nonlinear Fiber Optics should serve well the needs of the scientific community including graduate students in Optics, Physics, and Electrical Engineering, engineers in the optical communication industry, and scientists working in fiber optics and nonlinear optics.
* Only book dealing with Nonlinear Fiber Optics
* Comprehensive up-to-date coverage of the entire field
* Problems at the end of each chapter suitable for a course
* Focus on fundamental aspects
* Can be used by graduate students doing research in or taking courses in nonlinear optics and optical communications