Plant Defense provides comprehensive coverage of the range of different organisms that plants need to fend off, describes how plants coordinate their defenses against multiple attacks, explains the evolution of defense in plants, and how plant defences are exploited in crop protection strategies.
Read alsoThe Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack
The second (and likely final) collection of strips from the award-winning comic series The Perry Bible Fellowship. Spans the entirety of the strip's print run. Bonus features include lost strips, sketches, and a behind-the-scenes interview by Wondermark's David Malki. Also includes an introduction by Diablo Cody.
- Covers plants’ defenses against pathogens, pests, and parasitic plants: together in one book
- Brings together succinct, cutting edge information in a user-friendly format
- Gives an understanding of how plants ward off attacks from multiple enemies
- Is written by Dale Walters, an internationally known and respected researcher and teacher in crop protection, who distils his wealth of knowledge in a novel and exciting way
- Is an essential purchase for all those involved in plant protection around the globe
Plant Defense is primarily designed for use by upper undergraduates and post graduates studying crop protection, agricultural sciences, applied entomology, plant pathology, and plant sciences. Biological and agricultural research scientists in the agrochemical and crop protection industries, and in academia, will find much of great use in this excellent new book. Libraries in all universities and research establishments where agricultural and biological sciences are studied and taught should have multiple copies of this very valuable book on their shelves.