Learn the lab testing skills you need to know! Laboratory Testing for Ambulatory Settings: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, 2nd Edition provides in-depth coverage of the most common procedures and techniques of all the new CLIA waived, point-of-care tests along with some moderately complex tests. Clear, step-by-step instructions and full-color photographs make it easy to master each test and procedure. Written by noted educators Marti Garrels and Carol S. Oatis, this edition adds a new chapter on toxicology and information on five new procedures. A companion Evolve website lets you practice clinical laboratory skills.
Read alsoRoses of the Moon: Book One: Dark Reliquary
Roses of the Moon: A Tale of Gothic HorrorBook I: Dark Reliquary SeriesGothic atmosphere so thick you can cut it with a glass scimitar.For all of her young life, Lady Mara has been plagued with nightmares brought on by strange, frightening noises echoing up through the stairways and vaults of the labyrinthine Castle Szeppasszony in the…
- Complete coverage includes the most common CLIA waived tests for any healthcare professional in the ambulatory setting.
- A "triad" organization gives chapters a consistent, easy-to-follow format:
- Fundamental Concepts: basic information related to tests and procedures.
- CLIA Waived Procedures: step-by-step instructions for CLIA waived tests.
- Advanced Concepts: further application of basic knowledge and skills towards a higher level of critical thinking and decision making, such as handling non-CLIA waived tests.
- Over 60 new photographs and drawings clarify topics and show examples of laboratory specimens so you will be able to identify them on the job.
- New chapter on toxicology.
- More extensive coverage of working with the microscope prepares you for the lab.
- Updated, expanded information about quality control and quality assurance provides relevant information so you can accurately and effectively perform in the lab.
- Updates on proper collection and processing of urine specimens, microbiology specimens, blood capillary and venipuncture specimens, which includes new urine culture using vacutainer system, new drawings for urine and influenza specimen collections, and the latest order of blood draw including the plasma separator tube, ensure that you have the most current information.
- Five new procedures with corresponding skill check-off sheets help you understand the most up-to-date protocols:
- Clinitek Analyzer
- Standard Hematocrit
- New A1c+ Ki+
- iFOB method for fecal occult blood