Heeding technology's cry to get connected can result in overloaded circuits of the mind. Frenetic connections cause frazzled lives. Unwrapping Wonder: Finding Hope in the Gift of Nature will restore the reader's soul as they step outside to cultivate a connection with creation and, in the process, deepen their relationship with the Creator.
This delightful mix of natural history, human story and God's glory found in everyday nature is based on Job's words: "But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you ... or let the fish of the sea inform you." Each chapter focuses on one natural object such as the bee, the barnacle, the tiniest seed.
By peering within the ordinary, we can learn to see details which reveal extraordinary wonder. As we unwrap the gift, we discover more of nature, God, and ourselves, one wonder at a time.
Unwrapping Wonder is for active men and women and families who enjoy the outdoors or reading about nature, and for those seeking hope in a hectic world. Each chapter offers:
Read alsoBreast Cancer: Answers at your fingertips
If you suspect that you may have breast cancer you will experience a mixture of emotions: fear and worry, anger and confusion. If you have been diagnosed, you will inevitably think, “Why me?”. As the news sinks in and you come to deal with the cancer, further questions will arise. This book provides comprehensive and reassuring answers to over 350…
- The Wonder Introduced: through anecdote, natural history, or life story.
- The Wonder Unwrapped: zooming in to see hidden details, explained in everyday terms.
- The Wonder Applied: practical, spiritual lessons for daily living.
- Promise of Hope: Relevant Scripture to inspire hope.
- Wondercise: hands-on nature activities designed to awaken heart, mind, and soul to the wonder of creation and give praise to the Creator.