Animal Behavior, Second Edition, covers the broad sweep of animal behavior from its neurological underpinnings to the importance of behavior in conservation. The authors, Michael Breed and Janice Moore, bring almost 60 years of combined experience as university professors to this textbook, much of that teaching animal behavior.
Read alsoStar Wars Tales Vol. 5
Collects Star Wars Tales (1999) #17-20. Featuring an astonishing variety of stories featuring Boba Fett, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul, and more! This substantial volume includes a Chewbacca story gorgeously illustrated by Cary Nord (Conan), Haden Blackman's unbelievable Han Solo tale, Scott Kurtz's parody of The Breakfast Club, and the…
An entire chapter is devoted to the vibrant new field of behavior and conservation, including topics such as social behavior and the relationship between parasites, pathogens, and behavior. Thoughtful coverage has also been given to foraging behavior, mating and parenting behavior, anti-predator behavior, and learning.
This text addresses the physiological foundations of behavior in a way that is both accessible and inviting, with each chapter beginning with learning objectives and ending with thought-provoking questions.
Additionally, special terms and definitions are highlighted throughout. Animal Behavior provides a rich resource for students (and professors) from a wide range of life science disciplines.
- Provides a rich resource for students and professors from a wide range of life science disciplines
- Updated and revised chapters, with at least 50% new case studies and the addition of contemporary in-text examples
- Expanded and updated coverage of animal welfare topics
- Includes behavior and homeostatic mechanisms, behavior and conservation, and behavioral aspects of disease
- Available lab manual with fully developed and tested laboratory exercises
- Companion website includes newly developed slide sets/templates (PowerPoints) coordinated with the book