Read alsoSuperheroes Inc.: President
Richard Cage's world as a super-hero is changed drastically when he is unexpectedly elected to the highest office in the land. He reluctantly accepts the new role and deals with his new duties as diplomat while receiving threats from a new adversary.
Prof Alessandra Lemma, Trust-wide Head of Psychology and Visiting Professor, Essex University
This practical text is the first to systematically address the competencies and techniques identified as central to the delivery of effective psychodynamic practice. It provides a framework for the therapist to develop their skills and apply them to their practice by:
- discussing the personal and professional growth which underpins a professional and ethical attitude to the therapist's work
- linking specific competencies to the theory base underpinning them
- describing competencies in a systematic way
- including a chapter on how to use supervision
- using case material to illustrate competencies and dilemmas.
Addressing not only how to implement skills, but why they are being implemented, this book is a must-read for all trainees on psychodynamic counselling and psychotherapy courses. It is also useful reading for trained practitioners who want an accessible introduction to psychodynamic skills in practice.