Obtain optimal diagnostic results from the fieldâs foremost pain expert! Noted authority Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, offers complete, concise, and highly visual guidance on the diagnosis of more than 100 uncommon pain syndromes less frequently encountered in daily practice. Vivid illustrations depict the physical symptoms and anatomy of each pain site as well as key imaging findings involving techniques such as MRI, CT, and conventional radiograph. Itâs the effective, easy-access resource you need to evaluate uncommon pain syndromes and sharpen your diagnostic skills.
- Uses a consistent format to explore each pain syndrome, progressing through diagnostic codes â¢ signs and symptoms â¢ physical findings â¢ laboratory and radiographic testing â¢ treatment options â¢ and clinical pearls...enabling you to find the information you need fast.
- Explores side effects and complications, helping you to avoid common diagnostic pitfalls and obtain the best results.
- Includes ICD-9 codes to facilitate accurate billing.
- Serves as a companion volume to Dr. Waldmanâs Atlas of Common Pain Syndromes, 2nd Edition -equipping you with well-rounded guidance for the clinical challenges youâre likely to face.
- Features updated chapters throughout, and over 30 new chapters including Surpaorbital Neuralgia â¢ Charlinâs Syndrome â¢ Vailâs Syndrome â¢ Hyoid Syndrome â¢ Subacromial Impingement Syndrome â¢ Throwerâs Elbow Syndrome â¢ and Triangular Fibrocartilage Tera Syndrome-to keep you abreast of the conditions presenting in todayâs practice.
- Presents over 350 illustrations-175 in full color and more than 100 new to this edition-as well as x-rays, CTs, and MRIs, helping you to confirm your diagnoses and confidently implement techniques.