"This book is so well-written! I cannot say enough positive things about the material I have read so far. This is excellent material and should be a 'stock' book in the library of every nurse!î
Read alsoI Speak of Ghana
It's a rare person who can be both funny and wise at the same time. Yet that is exactly the way to describe Nana Awere Damoah's writings in this small but compelling short story collection about contemporary life in Ghana. In it the reader will find Ghanaman in traffic, or Ghanawoman paying the corrupt policeman. Either way, one knows…
– Helen Gordon, CNM, MS, DNP
Duke School of Nursing
An essential source of legal information and analysis for nurse supervisors, managers, executives, administrators, practicing nurses and aspiring nursing leaders, educators and students in BSN and advanced degree nursing programs. Law for Nurse Leaders is a comprehensive guide to current and emerging law issues, questions, trends and research. It aims to empower readers to understand and deal with pressing legal issues in nursing care.
Written primarily by nurse attorneys with knowledge and expertise in various aspects of the law, this reader-friendly text discusses nursing malpractice, risk management, employment law, business law, corporate compliance, and dispute resolution as they relate to health care law and nursing practices.
- Case studies and analysis of significant cases
- A section of questions from senior nurse executives, managers, and educators with corresponding answers from the editors and contributing authors
- A helpful glossary, useful statutory references and citations, and key legal research
- Chapter sidebars and callouts of "Key Points" on each topic for ease of use