Authoritative and completely up-to-date, the Fourth Edition of The Art of M&A is an unsurpassed, one-stop guide to every facet of mergers and acquisitions that enables you to make winning deals with complete confidence.
Read alsoIce, Fire, and Nutcrackers
Why do quaking aspens grow in prominent clumps rather than randomly scattered across the landscape? Why and how does a rufous hummingbird drop its metabolism to one-hundredth of its normal rate? Why do bull elk grow those enormous antlers? Using his experience as a biologist and ecologist, George Constantz illuminates these remarkable slices…
This definitive resource retains its popular Q&A format, offering quick access to all the changes that have occurred in the field since the merger wave of the 1990s. The book explores every key aspect of winning M&A transactions, and presents advice on avoiding common M&A pitfalls.
The Fourth Edition of The Art of M&A features vital information on:
- Getting Started in Mergers and Acquisitions – learning the basic M&A process, requirements, negotiating skills, and objectives
- Planning and Finding – deciding what to buy and then locating it
- Valuation and Pricing – using multiple valuation methods to discover the true value of an acquired company or unit
- The Art of Financing and Refinancing – mastering funding sources and issues
- Structuring M/A/B Transactions – managing general, tax, and accounting considerations
- The Due Diligence Inquiry – looking into the past, present, and future risks of the business to be purchased
- Negotiating the Acquisition Agreement and the Letter of Intent – understanding two vital documents in the M&A process
- Closing – synchronizing the many individual items to produce a harmonious transaction
- Postmerger Integration and Divestitures – following through after the M&A deal to capture the economic value of synergies
- Special Issues for M&A in Public Companies_examining the unique legal and business considerations of public entities
- Workouts, Bankruptcies, and Liquidations – handling specific financial problems that arise in M&A transactions with entities in the zone of insolvency
- Structuring Transactions with International Aspects – developing the necessary skills and knowledge to do M&A deals across national borders
Filled with detailed examples and case studies, this updated classic also includes discussion of purchase accounting, Section 404, new legal cases with M&A implications, and more.