Rocks firmly anchored to the ground and rocks floating through space fascinate us. Jewelry, houses, and roads are just some of the ways we use what has been made from geologic processes to advance civilization. Whether scrambling over a rocky beach, or gazing at spectacular meteor showers, we can't get enough of geology!
Read alsoTextbook of Clinical Embryology
Textbook of Clinical Embryology faithfully follows the syllabus of Embryology recommended by the Medical Council of India. It covers in detail all the developmental events in prenatal period. Following recent trends in medical education, this book in addition to basic information also provides knowledge on embryological and genetic basis of…
The Geology Bookwill teach you:
- What really carved the Grand Canyon.
- How thick the Earth's crust is.
- The varied features of the Earth's surface - from plains to peaks.
- How sedimentary deposition occurs through water, wind, and ice.
- Effects of erosion.
- Ways in which sediments become sedimentary rock.
- Fossilization and the age of the dinosaurs.
- The powerful effects of volcanic activity.
- Continental drift theory.
- Radioisotope and carbon dating.
- Geologic processes of the past.
Our planet is a most suitable home. Its practical benefits are also enhanced by the sheer beauty of rolling hills, solitary plains, churning seas and rivers, and majestic mountains - all set in place by processes that are relevant to today's entire population of this spinning rock we call home.