Slapper and Kelly’s The English Legal System explains and critically assesses how our law is made and applied. Annually updated, this authoritative textbook clearly describes the legal rules of England and Wales and their collective influence as a sociocultural institution.
This latest edition of The English Legal System has been substantially rewritten and updated to include: increased focus on human rights law, law and morality, family law and the family courts, updates on access to justice and legal aid, expanded coverage of legal services, and further consideration on alternative dispute resolution to reflect changes in practice.
Key learning features include:
• a clear and logical structure with short, manageable, well-structured individual chapters;
• useful chapter summaries which act as a good check point for students;
• sources for further reading and suggested websites at the end of each chapter to point students towards further learning pathways;
• an online skills network including practical examples, tips, advice and interactive examples of English law in action.
Relied upon by generations of students, Slapper and Kelly’s The English Legal System is a permanent fixture in this ever-evolving subject.
Here you can find a bank of activities and exercises corresponding to the chapters in the book designed to give you the opportunity to test your knowledge and further your understanding of the English legal system. These include:
- News and updates
- Comprehensive legal skills guide
- Multiple choice questions
- Interactive glossary