This unique volume presents the recent advances in tissue regeneration. The authors are all active researchers in their respective fields with extensive experiences. The focus of the book is on the use of stem cells and nano-structured biomaterials for tissue regeneration/tissue engineering. It includes the use of stem cells, naturally derived extracellular matrix (ECM), synthetic biomimetic nano-fibers, synthetic nano-structured ceramics and synthetic nano-structured polymer/ceramic composites that can help/promote tissue regeneration. Methods on how to produce these nano-structured biomaterials are also discussed in several chapters. Future challenges and perspectives in the field of regenerative medicine (tissue regeneration) are also discussed.
Read alsoLes tweets ont la peau dure
"Les tweets ont la peau dure” est un recueil de 1400 tweets, parus sur le compte Twitter de @CentQuarante, alias Jean-Michel Le Blanc.Journaliste, Jean-Michel Le Blanc est président de l'institut de Twittérature Bordeaux-Québec. Chaque tweet rédigé en 140 caractère exactement, a d'abord…
- Adult Stem Cells: From Bench-Top to Bedside (Henry E Young, Lee Hyer, Asa C Black Jr and Joe Sam Robinson Jr)
- Preparation of Tissue Development — Mimicking Matrices and Their Applications (Guoping Chen, Takashi Hoshiba and Naoki Kawazoe)
- Decellularized Scaffolds: Concepts, Methodologies, and Applications in Cardiac Tissue Engineering and Whole-Organ Regeneration (Sourav S Patnaik, Bo Wang, Benjamin Weed, Jason A Wertheim and Jun Liao)
- Recent Advances on Three-Dimensional Electrospun Nanofiber Scaffolds for Tissue Regeneration and Repair (Bing Ma, Matthew R MacEwan, Franklin D Shuler, Matthew K Wingate and Jingwei Xie)
- Nanofibrous Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering Applications: State-of-the-Art and Future Trends (Masoud Mozafari, Vahid Shabafrooz, Mostafa Yazdimamaghani, Daryoosh Vashaee and Lobat Tayebi)
- Extra Cellular Matrix and Its Application as Coating on Synthetic 3D Scaffolds for Guided Tissue Regeneration (Qing Liu and Marika K Bergenstock)
- Nanodimensional and Nanocrystalline Calcium Orthophosphates (Sergey V Dorozhkin)
- Nano-Bioceramics as Coatings for Orthopedic Implants and Scaffolds for Bone Regeneration (Yongxing Liu Mohamed N Rahaman and B Sonny Bal)
- Cell Behavior on Electrospun Scaffolds: Factors at Play on Nanoscale (Parthasarathy Madurantakam and Gary Bowlin)
- The Convergence of Biomimetic Nanofibers and Cells for Functional Tissue Formation (Xuening Chen, Licheng Wang and Hongjun Wang)
- Surface Structure of Nanocomposites and Its Properties: A Practical Example (Davide Barbieri, Joost D de Bruijn and Huipin Yuan)
Readership: Professionals, researchers, graduate students in tissue engineering, biomedical engineering, bioengineering, nanobiotechnology and nanobiomaterials and clinical physicians.